Patient & Attendant Responsibilities
- Right to receive considerate, respect and compassionate care in a safe setting regardless of your age, gender, race, socio-economic status, national origin, language, religion or disabilities.
- Right to information on diagnosis, treatment and expected outcomes.
- Right to give informed consent.
- Right to know the clinical identity of the professionals involved in patient care.
- Right to protection from physical abuse and neglect.
- Right to full consideration of your dignity, privacy and confidentiality.
- Right to expect prompt treatment in an emergency.
- Right to refuse treatment to the extent permitted by law.
- Right to refuse to participate in human experimentation and research.
- Right to seek second opinion.
- Right to receive information about follow-up care.
- Right to be informed about cost of the treatment and hospital charges.
- Right to get copies of medical records on request.
- Right to observe your own social, cultural and spiritual beliefs.
- Right to be informed of hospitals rules and regulations.