Pulmonology is the specialty that deals with diseases of the respiratory tract and respiratory disease. It is called chest medicine or respiratory medicine which often involves evaluation of the upper respiratory tract (nose, pharynx and throat, lung) as well as the lung.
Kingsway Hospitals Pulmonary Medicine department deals with all kinds of lung problems from simple to complex. It deals primarily with following diseases:
- Allergic Rhinitis
- Interstitial lung diseases
- Pulmonary embolism
- Pleural diseases
- Lung cancer
- Occupational lung diseases
- Bronchial Asthma – from simple to resistant Asthma
- COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
- Pulmonary tuberculosis-simple, MDR and DR TB
- Pneumonia-simple as well as serious pneumonia
- Snoring and sleep apnea syndrome
- All kind of critically ill patient with respiratory problems
- Any other rare, undiagnosed and complicated lung disease
- Asthma Clinic
- Pleural Interventions
- Overnight Pulse Oximetry
- Chest X-Rays
- Treatment of Tuberculosis including MDR & XDR Tuberculosis
- Pleural Fluid Aspiration (Diagnostic & Therapeutic)
- Vaccination for Chest Infections (Influenza & Pneumonia)
- Lung Function Testing (Lung Volumes, Capacities, Co Diffusion, Body Plethysmography)
- Positron emission tomography (especially in lung cancer) Polysomnography (Sleep Study) commonly used for the diagnosis of Sleep apnea
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation
- Nebulization (Ultrasonic)
- Allergy Screen and Desensitization
- Sleep Study (Polysomnography) & CPAP Titration
- Non-Invasive Ventilation (CPAP, BiPAP)
- CT Scanning (MRI Scanning is rarely used)
- Bronchoscopy (Lavage, Biopsy, Brushing, Trans-Cranial Biopsy, Trans-Bronchial Biopsy)
- Polysomnography (sleep studies) commonly used for the diagnosis of Sleep apnea
- Scintigraphy and other methods of nuclear medicine
Following state of the art facilities are available at Kingsway Hospitals
Pulmonary Function Testing
Pulmonary function testing machine at CIMS is very advanced PFT machine with the ability to perform Diffusion Studies (DLCO) apart from spirometry.
This kind of advanced machine helps to diagnose diseases like COPD, asthma or ILD at an early stage when routine spirometry is normal.
Fiber-optic bronchoscopy at Kingsway Hospitals is done with the best instrument in the world. It is an Olympus video bronchoscope with ultra-clear vision with facilities of video recording and all kinds of bronchoscopic intervention.
Fiber-optic bronchoscopy is a procedure that allows examines the breathing passages (airways) of the lungs. Fiber-optic bronchoscopy can be either a diagnostic procedure (to find out more about a possible problem) or a therapeutic procedure (to try to treat an existing problem or condition).
Kingsway Hospitals sleep laboratory is well equipped with the best equipment. It has got all respiratory and neuro channels available for recording.
It is very helpful for diagnosis of snoring, sleep apnea syndromes, Narcolepsy, Restless leg syndrome and periodic limb movement disorder.
Allergy testing & Immunotherapy
Kingsway Hospitals is the only corporate hospital where facilities for Allergy testing and Immunotherapy is available. Allergy testing is the only disease-modifying treatment available for Allergic Rhinitis and it is also helpful in many bronchial asthma patients also.
Pulmonary Critical Care Unit
Pulmonary critical care unit mainly deals with all kind of critically ill patients like serious Pneumonia, Acute exacerbation of bronchial asthma and COPD, Acute Pulmonary embolism, ARDS, etc.
Pulmonary rehabilitation is a respiratory exercise program developed by our pulmonologist and carried out by trained physiotherapy. It increases lung capacity and decreases symptom scope of various respiratory diseases like COPD and Asthma.
Your details are safe with us.