At Kingsway Hospital, the Department of General Surgery and Minimal Access Surgery performs both elective as well as emergency surgery to treat the full spectrum of conditions, which include procedures such as but not limited to
- Gall bladder removal (Cholecystectomy)
- Hernia surgery
- Spleen removal
- Fundoplication and other procedures for gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
The department is dedicated to performing surgical procedures using minimal access techniques whenever possible, so that patients may enjoy faster recovery and fewer post-surgical complications.
What is minimally invasive surgery?
Minimally invasive surgery is the use of a series of tiny incisions made by the surgeon, which are used to insert instruments and a miniature camera into the body cavity. It is through these small incisions that the entire operation is performed. This approach is dramatically different from traditional “open” surgeries in which one large incision is made.
Minimally invasive surgery has many benefits.
- Less scaring
- Lower risk of complications
- Shorter recovery time
- Less time spent in the hospital
- Lower risk of infection
- Less pain
- Reduced blood loss
Obesity and Bariatric Surgery
Bariatric surgery is the collective term for types of weight-loss surgery. At Kingsway Hospital all types of primary and redo bariatric procedures have been performed by the expert doctors
Types of Bariatric Surgery performed at Kingsway Hospital
- Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy
- Laparoscopic Mini Gastric Bypass
- Laparoscopic Banded Gastric Bypass
- Laparoscopic Duodenojejunal Bypass
- Laparoscopic Single Anastomosis Duodeno-Ileal Bypass (SADI)
Highlights of Department
- Largest experience of Central India in Antireflux and Achlasia surgery.
- Dedicated unit for Constipation, Piles and anorectal disorder with most advance laser,
- Highly experienced team for all kind of Laparoscopic GI and Lap Onco-surgery,
- Dedicated unit for VATS surgery,
- Dedicated unit for Endocrine Surgery,
- Round the clock emergency and trauma facility with emergency operation theatre,
- Most advanced integrated modular operation theatre with the latest and best available Laparoscopy unit with immunofluorescence, ultrasonic dissector, and Vessel sealers to make surgery Safe.
- Regular availability of National and International Faculties for specialty Surgeries.
Your details are safe with us.