Dr. Amol Samarth
Education and Fellowship:
- MBBS – Government Medical College, Nagpur
- MD (Medicine) – TNMC and BYL Nair Ch. Hospital and Government Medical College, Nagpur
- DM (Gastroenterology) – LTMMC & LTMGH, Sion, Mumbai
Clinical Expertise / Interest:
- Consultant Gastroenterologist and Hepatologist.
- Endosonologist and Interventional Endoscopy Specialist.
- Proficient in diagnostic and therapeutic gastroscopic and colonoscopic procedures.
- Proficient in advanced GI therapeutic procedures.
- Trained and experienced in basic and advanced therapeutic ERCP procedures.
- Trained in performance and evaluation of high resolution esophageal and rectal manometry (HRM) and state-of-the-art Video Capsule Endoscopy (VCE) and double ballon enteroscopy (DBE).
- Pioneer in and most experienced in performing advanced endoscopic modality of Endoscopic Ultrasound.
- Performed the first successful POEM procedure for achalasia cardia in Nagpur.
Honors and Publications
- Life Member of the Indian society of Gastroenterology (ISG)
- Life Member of the Indian Medical association (IMA)
- Life Member of Academy of Medical Sciences (AMS)
- Author for Chapter on “Role of alcohol in liver carcinogenesis” Elsevier Publications book on “Alcohol and liver disease”, 1st edition, 2011.
- Papers in National and International Journals.
- Faculty in Endoscopy and Endoscopic Ultrasound in National conferences.